How to Feed a Nutritious, Baked Food Your Pet Will Love-with Lotus!
I love Lotus. Besides having beautiful artwork on their food packaging, they make a great natural food for pets that my dogs and cats all enjoy!
Lotus makes one of the very few oven-baked foods for pets. Did you know that it is 3x faster to extrude a pet food than it is to bake one? Baking takes much longer, but Lotus know it’s worth it. Oven-baking means that more nutrients and antioxidants are retained in the food. This is what sets Lotus apart from other pet food brands. Baking cooks the kibble from the outside, inward at a higher temperature for longer than extrusion, which cooks the kibble at a lower temperature throughout the whole food at once for a shorter time. Extrusion also involves a high pressure, which can fracture the cell membranes in the food.
Why Should I Choose Lotus for My Pet?
- Lotus uses whole, natural ingredients and all fresh fruits and vegetables.
- There is 33% more fresh meat in Lotus than in any other premium kibble on the market.
- All protein sources are human-grade.
- All ingredients are USDA inspected.
- Antioxidant sources include: carrots, sweet potatoes, blueberries, garlic, pumpkin, kelp, ground flaxseed, yucca shigera, and cranberries. Antioxidants help fight cancer and aging by neutralizing free radicals in the body.
- Grains include Brown Rice, Barley, Oats, and Rye. These help stabilize blood sugar throughout the day.
- Yes, Lotus has grain-free recipes for dogs and cats!
- Lotus uses a blend of three human grade oils containing Omega 3s, 6s and 9s to help improve the skin and coat.
- All foods are either baked, canned, or raw. There is absolutely no extrusion! (Extrusion is like microwaving your steak, while baking is like grilling your steak, according to Lotus.)
- There are 20 more cups of kibble in a Lotus oven-baked 25lb pet food bag than in an average 25lb extruded food bag. So Lotus goes a long way!
- There is 2x as much glucose in extruded food as there is in baked food.
- Lotus formed a partnership with family-owned Quebec bakery, Bio Biscuit, to bake their dry kibble.
- Lotus built their own cannery in California in 2011, and all cans are hand packed with fresh shredded meat.
- There is no water added to canned cat food. It is cooked in its own juices!
- Lotus uses sustainable wild-caught Alaskan Pollock in foods (no dangerous levels of mercury, either).
- Lotus has the only all-natural taurine rich cat food on the market.
I know that my dogs are always excited when I open a bag of Lotus’ duck recipe (or any other flavor). I like to know that my pets are getting more nutrition with a baked food than with an extruded food. I like that Lotus uses all fresh, natural ingredients. I like that Lotus has an all-natural taurine rich food for my cats!
What do you like about Lotus? Let us know in the comments below!
- Jessie Isbell