The Ultimate Guide to Target Training
Targeting is an extremely useful and versatile skill, but many people ask the question, "why?"
Why would you want to bother teaching your dog to touch his nose to your hand? Here are a few reasons:
- A less confident or fearful dog can learn to make positive associations with uneasy objects and situations, giving them the confidence boost they needed to relax and enjoy life.
- Targeting is a useful skill when dealing with a highly distracted dog.
- You can use targeting to put your dog in different positions.
- Dogs can learn to close doors, press buttons, turn light switches on and off, ring door bells, and much more.
- It's a great house training tool!
- You can use targeting to teach your dog tons of different behaviors and tricks.
It's ridiculously easy to teach your dog this skill. Check out the video below, then start working! Post some videos on our Facebook page! I'll watch them and give you feedback on your training! Good luck!